Question: I have purchased two monitors and connected to my desktop / laptop. How do I enable dual monitor setup in Ubuntu?
Answer: You can enable the dual monitor from the Ubuntu display preferences as explained below.
Click on System -> Preferences -> Display, which will display the following window.
Make sure following are taken care in this window:
- If you see only one monitor, click on Detect Monitor, which should detect all the monitors connected to the Ubuntu laptop or desktop.
- Uncheck Mirror Screens check-box as shown above. When you have this enabled, both the monitors will show the same display, which you don’t want.
- Highlight the first monitor and click the ‘On’ radio button. The first monitor will already be in on state.
- Highlight the second monitor and click the ‘On’ radio button.
- Select the Show displays in panel check-box, which will display the icon to configure the display on the top right hand panel for easy access.
- To change the display order of the monitors, simply drag the monitor to re-arrange them accordingly.
Get the Linux Sysadmin Course Now!