If you are spending lot of time on UNIX / Linux, you’ll be manipulating text files frequently. You may be making the similar edits on multiple configuration files on one or more servers. You may be digging huge log files (or data files) looking for certain information.
Sed and Awk 101 Hacks is a downloadable eBook that contains 101 practical examples on various advanced Sed and Awk features, and I promise it will help you understand everything you need to know about Sed and Awk.
What is inside the eBook?
This book contains a total of 212 pages, that explains the following.
Chapter 1 – 7 covers Sed:
- Chapter 1 – 2 explains Sed syntax, basic commands, and covers in detail about the Sed substitution command.
- Chapter 3 – 5 explains reg-ex basics, Sed execution, and several additional Sed commands.
- Chapter 6 – 7 explains Sed hold and pattern space commands, Sed multi-line commands, and loops.
Chapter 8 – 13 covers Awk:
- Chapter 8 – 9 explains Awk syntax, basic commands, and Awk built-in variables.
- Chapter 10 – 11 explains Awk variables, operators, conditional statements, and loops.
- Chapter 12 – 13 explains the powerful Awk associative arrays, and several additional Awk commands.
Free Bonus Gifts Included! (For a limited time only)
- Bonus #1: Sed cheatsheet.
- Bonus #2: Awk cheatsheet.
- Bonus #3: Book companion. All sample input files, and example scripts shown in the book are bundled in a single tar file.
Get the book now with 25% discount
For the regular readers of the blog, I’m giving a huge 25% discount, which is available only for the first 50 buyers.
- Grab your copy of Sed and Awk 101 Hacks book here
- Use discount code: TGSREADER
- Note: After entering the discount code, click on update cart (before check-out) to get 25% discount (only for 1st 50 buyers)
PPS: 25% discount is only for the first 50 buyers. If you’ve been thinking about mastering Sed and Awk, this is the right time.