I’ve been working on my next eBook for the past several months. Anything that is important and useful takes lot of time to complete. I’ve spend numerous sleepless nights in making this book very easy to read and understand by providing lot of examples.
The book is in the final stage, and will be released very soon.
This book is about Bash. On Linux platform, bash is the default shell. So, you interact with the Linux operating system from the command line using Bash shell. Using Bash, you can also write shell scripts to automate your routine jobs.
How can Bash Help You?
- Bash provides a nice platform from where you can interact with the operating system either by using external programs, or bash commands and builtins.
- Instead of retyping similar commands again and again, you can use the Bash command line features to manipulate previous commands and execute them quickly and efficiently.
- Complex tasks can be completed in a single line by combining several Linux commands and Bash builtins.
- When you think there is a possibility that you might perform a task again at some point, you can quickly write a shell script, instead of manually performing that task.
- Even when you don’t have to write a single line of shell script (which is not practical for most developers and sysadmins), you still need to understand the fundamental structure of Bash programming language, as most of programs and startup scripts are written in Bash shell script, which you might end-up debugging for various reasons.
- Once you master Bash scripting, the possibilities on how to use them is endless. I pretty much automate every task on Linux platform using bash shell scripts.
Stay tuned for the release of the Bash eBook very soon.
Get the Linux Sysadmin Course Now!