If your internet speed is really slow, you may want to identify your current upload and download speed in Mb/s before calling your ISP provider. There are lot of websites out there you can use to calculate the speed. This article explains how to perform the internet bandwidth speed using speedtest.net.
If you use some other websites to calculate the speed, pelase leave a comment and let us know.
- Go to www.speedtest.net
- This will display a map of your country and show various speed-test servers. By default this will choose the server closer to your location. In my case, it automatically picked up the server in Los Angeles, CA.
- Click on “Start Test to Recommended Server” to use the server it automatically selected for your speed test. (or) Pick a different server from the map.
- This will first test the download speed and then upload speed.
- Once the test is done, it will display a summary with both upload and download speed as shown in the Fig below.
- This will also show, how much it will take to download the mp3 file, video file and movie of specific sizes.
- This also gives a little bar graph at the bottom showing how your speed compares with the ISP average.
Fig: Internet Bandwidth Upload and Download Speed
Get the Linux Sysadmin Course Now!