Vim editor is hands-down the best editor on Unix and Linux environment. These 10 practical tutorials will help you become proficient in the Vim editor.
If you are spending lot of time on Unix environment, you should become comfortable in the Vim editor. These tutorials contain practical examples that are designed to give you a jumpstart on the Vim editor fundamentals.
This is lot of reading. Don’t try to read it all at once. Bookmark this article for your future reference. Open the Vim editor and try out all the examples mentioned in these tutorials.
- Essential Vim editor navigation commands
- Vim search and replace – 12 powerful find and replace examples.
- How To add bookmarks inside the Vim editor
- How To record and play inside the Vim editor
- Correct spelling mistakes automatically inside the Vim Editor
- Automatic word completion using Ctrl-X
- Enable thesaurus option in the Vim editor
- Vim autocommand magic. Add custom header to your files automatically.
- Convert Vim editor to a beautiful source code browser.
- Use the Vim editor as a bash IDE, or C/C++ IDE, or Perl IDE.