Thanks for visiting this article from the Nagios newsletter. We’ll be posting several Nagios XI tutorials in the upcoming weeks.
- Nagios Core is free and open source.
- Nagios XI is $1,295 (to monitor unlimited number of hosts). This is perpetual license — Once you’ve purchased the software, use it as long as you want without any additional license fees.
- The free Nagios Core is very easy to install, configure and maintain. If you have in-house IT staffs, you don’t need to purchase support for the free Nagios Core. However, if you want peace of mind, you can purchase Nagios Core basic annual support for $2,495.
- Nagios XI “Annual Maintenance” is $325. You need to purchase annual maintenance to receive future major release of the Nagios XI.
New in Nagios XI:
- Nagios XI has enhanced AJAX based user interface. Nagios users can customize their own preferred view of nagios. User specific views enforce that users see the status of the equipments they are authorized to view.
- In-built graphing capability based on RRD.
- Dynamic dashboard provides high level status of infrastructure.
- Multiple rotating views can be customized by the users.
- Adding new equipments to monitor is done through the web based wizards.
- Nagios XI also has web configuration interface that allows to configure the Nagios Core.
Nagios XI Foundation Cores
Nagios XI foundation cores is built on top of the following components:
- Nagios Core monitoring engine
- Nagios Plugins
- PNP for RRDTool-based graphing
- MRTG with RRDTool for bandwidth monitoring
- NDOUtils for monitoring engine database backend
Nagios XI Screenshots
Nagios XI Trial Download:
You can download Nagios XI and try it out free for 60 days before purchasing it.
Geek Rating: 5/5 Stars
Nagios XI is highly recommended. Nagios XI is built on top of the free Nagios Core. This is a classic example of beauty meeting the geek. Beauty = Nagios XI. Geek = Nagios Core.
In the upcoming weeks, we’ll be posting several Nagios XI tutorials on an on-going basis.
Get the Linux Sysadmin Course Now!