Bash is the default shell on Linux. If you are spending lot of time on Linux environment, you should master the Bash command line features to become efficient.
Apart from being an interactive shell, Bash is also a scripting language, which allows you to automate your tasks using Bash shell scripting.
Bash 101 Hacks is a downloadable eBook that contains 101 practical examples on both Bash command line and shell scripting, and I promise it will help you understand everything you need to know about Bash.
What is inside the eBook?
This book contains a total of 276 pages, that explains the following.
- Chapters 1 – 3 explain Bash introduction, command line fundamentals, including command line editing, history, jobs, different types of Bash parameters with several examples
- Chapters 4 – 6 cover various Bash conditional commands, looping structures, various Bash builtins, and Bash array manipulation. Clear examples are provided.
- Chapter 7 – 9 explain Bash I/O redirection, several additional Bash features, and Bash shell expansions with clear examples
Free Bonus Gifts Included! (For a limited time only)
- Bonus #1: Bash cheatsheet.
- Bonus #2: Book companion. All example scripts shown in the book are bundled in a single tar file.
Get the book now with 25% discount
For the regular readers of TGS, I’m giving a huge 25% discount, which is available only for the first 50 buyers.
- Get your copy of Bash 101 Hacks book here
- Use discount code: TGSREADER
- Note: After entering the discount code, click on update cart (before check-out) to get 25% discount (only for 1st 50 buyers)
PPS: 25% discount is only for the first 50 buyers. If you’ve been thinking about mastering Bash command line and shell scripting, this is the right time.
Get the Linux Sysadmin Course Now!