≡ Menu

How to Open Multiple Websites (tabs) in Firefox during Startup?

Question: How do I set multiple home pages in firefox? i.e I would like to open more than one website automatically when the firefox starts.

Answer: Please follow the steps mentioned below to open multiple tabs in Firefox during startup.

Step 1: Go to Firefox Options Window

Go to: Tools menu -> Option menu-item -> Main Tab.

Step 2: Set two websites in Home Page Field – delimited by |

• Set the ‘When the firefox starts’ drop-down to ‘Show my home page’
  • Enter multiple websites delimited by | (pipe symbol) as shown below.

Step 3: Restart firefox browser

Save the options and restart the firefox, which will automatically open both the website mentioned in the Home page now. In this example, it will open both thegeekstuff.com and linux.101hacks.com website automatically in multiple firefox tabs whenever I start the browser.

{ 8 comments… add one }

• RajasekharanR March 5, 2010, 5:07 am

OR you can make use of the “use current pages” button just below that…….

• Chris F.A. Johnson March 6, 2010, 7:53 pm

My firefox doesn’t have: Tools menu -> Option menu-item -> Main Tab.

It has: Edit -> Preferences -> General

• nardi March 8, 2010, 3:42 am

Instead of restarting the browser you could press (optionally Ctrl+t for new tab and) Alt+Home for openning your home page(s). I’m not sure about default behavior, but my firefox will never open homepage while started as it holds previous session and there are always some pages from the last time that will be loaded instead of homepage (in my case).

• jameslee March 10, 2010, 11:46 pm

nice …thank u.

• me March 18, 2010, 10:03 am

windows box?
    argh!

😛

• George May 4, 2012, 8:38 am

Not very usefull, I want the pages to start ONLY at startup, not each time I press the home button

• iji July 5, 2012, 9:13 am

@George

path2firefox http://website1/ http://website2/ etc.

website1 will be the active tab

• Dan February 16, 2013, 12:10 am

Here’s how I did it for windows:
    1. Right click the firefox icon (on the desktop). 2. Select properties. 3. Under the Shortcut tab enter: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” “www.google.com” “www.yahoo.com” “www.bing.com” 4. Click OK. 5. You can pin this icon to the task bar.
    Note: You can put as many start pages as you want (just put quotation marks around each one). Set your home page to whatever you like. Firefox will open to Google, Yahoo and Bing, but when you click home, only your home page will open. (Instead of all three tabs re-opening)