We’ve published quite a few high quality articles on UNIX/Linux and open source since this blog was started on May 2008. This post is a quick reference guide to all the popular posts in this blog.
You might want to go through all these posts in detail by trying out the commands and software mentioned in these posts yourself. However, it is going to a take a while to read all these posts. Make sure to bookmark this article for future reference.
Most Popular Posts
Following are the All-time most popular posts on The Geek Stuff
- 6 Steps to Secure Your Home Wireless Network
- Turbocharge PuTTY with 12 Powerful Add-Ons
- 15 Examples To Master Linux Command Line History
- Firefox Add-On: Hire 7 Personal Bodyguards to Browse Internet Securely
- Get a Grip on the Grep! – 15 Practical Grep Command Examples
- Backup and Restore MySQL Database Using mysqldump
- How To Monitor Remote Linux Host using Nagios 3
- Mommy, I found it! — 15 Practical Linux Find Command Examples
- Bash Shell PS1: 10 Examples to Make Your Linux Prompt like Angelina Jolie
- Top 5 Best Linux OS Distributions
- Linux Crontab: 15 Awesome Cron Job Examples
Following are some of the main categories that you might want to explore it in detail. Choose the topic that interests you the most and read all those posts in detail to gain technical mastery in that category.
- Vim Editor Tips and Tricks
- Sed Tutorials
- Nagios Monitoring Tool – Tutorials
- SSH Tips and Tricks
- MySQL Tutorials
- PostgreSQL Tutorials
- Hello World Examples (Learn a programming language)
- Ubuntu Tips and Tricks
My Personal Favorites
Following articles are some of my personal favorites on the above categories.
Learn UNIX/Linux Commands by Examples
- 6 Awesome Linux cd command Hacks – Productivity Tip#3 for Geeks
- Unix LS Command: 15 Practical Examples
- Ping Tutorial: 15 Effective Ping Command Examples
- Bash Shell: Take Control of PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PROMPT_COMMAND
- The Power of Z Commands – Zcat, Zless, Zgrep, Zdiff Examples
- Daddy, I found it!, 15 Awesome Linux Find Command Examples (Part2)
- wget Tutorial: 15 Awesome Examples to Download Files from Internet
Learn Vim Editor
- Vi and Vim Editor: 12 Powerful Find and Replace Examples
- How To Add Bookmarks Inside Vim Editor
- Vi and Vim Macro Tutorial: How To Record and Play
Nagios Monitoring Tool
- Nagios Jumpstart Guide For Linux – Overview, Installation and Configuration
- How To Monitor Remote Windows Machine Using Nagios on Linux
- How To Monitor Network Switch and Ports Using Nagios
Ubuntu Tips and Tricks
- How To Manage Packages Using apt-get, apt-cache, apt-file and dpkg Commands ( With 13 Practical Examples )
- How To Use Windows Applications in Linux Desktop Distributions
- 15 Practical Usages of Mysqladmin Command For Administering MySQL Server
- How To Install Or Upgrade LAMP: Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP Stack Using Yum
- Howto Install MySQL on Linux
- 15 Advanced PostgreSQL Commands with Examples
- 15 Practical PostgreSQL Database Administration Commands
SSH Tips and Tricks
This is lot of reading. Make sure to bookmark this article and go through all these articles in detail and master them. For those who are new to this blog, can read about me.
If you’ve enjoyed all these posts about Linux and related topics, and would like to thank me (and also to become fast and productive in the Vim editor), purchase my Vim 101 Hacks ebook.
Comments on this entry are closed.
wow, I’m glad, I found this site several days ago. many, many good articles here.
I’m just going through these popular articles, and can’t stop reading…
thank you very much!
Really, It’s a great article that revise everything and once again satiates geeks,
You always have the very good articles here, keep up the good work. Thanks and happy new year!