This is for 2 full days of hands-on training workshop on Linux system administration.
Linux provides several powerful administrative tools and utilities which will help you to manage your systems effectively.
If you don’t know what these tools are and how to use them, you could be spending lot of time trying to perform even the basic administrative tasks. The focus of this workshop is to help you understand all the basic system administration tools, which will help you to become an effective Linux system administrator.
This Linux sysadmin workshop is for CentOS 7.
Since CentOS is based on Red Hat, all the tools and utilities mentioned in this workshop will also work on Red Hat.
However, majority of the workshop materials will pretty much work on most Linux distros, as they are standard utilities and tools for Linux in general.
The following are the various modules that are covered in this 2-day hands-on workshop.
Each lab module will have multiple hands-on exercises that you’ll be performing on a live CentOS 7 server.
- Lab Module 1. Bootup Process and Startup Scripts (Including GRUB)
- Lab Module 2. Package Management (Ongoing system updates and package maintenance)
- Lab Module 3. User and Group Management
- Lab Module 4. System Security (This is an important module that covers ACL, IPTables, Firewalld, SELinux, OpenSSH, and several other security tools)
- Lab Module 5. LAMP Stack (Install and configure Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- Lab Module 6. System Backup and Restore
- Lab Module 7. Filesystem and Storage (Managing your disks, partitions, LVM, etc.)
- Lab Module 8. System Automation and Background Jobs
- Lab Module 9. System Monitoring and Performance
- Lab Module 10. Networking (Covers several networking related services, utilities and tools)
- If time permits, we might also perform additional lab modules on few open source software that are essential for sysadmins
This is a live workshop that you can attend only by being present in the classroom. You cannot attend this workshop remotely.
During the workshop, for the 2 days, each participants will be assigned a separate live CentOS 7 server with root access, where you’ll perform all the lab exercises.
This will be an interactive workshop with high-level explanation on every module followed by lab exercises.
For every module, I’ll first teach you the concepts of that particular module using presentation slides, which will immediately be followed by hands-on lab exercise for that module performed by you on a live server.
This workshop will be non-stop all day hands-on exercise. As you already know the best way to learn is to do it yourself hands-on by following a well structured and organized lab exercises.
After the workshop is over, you’ll take home the following materials:
- All presentation slides used during the training
- All lab exercises in PDF format.
- Linux Sysadmin eBook in PDF format that is around 550 pages – The eBook covers the topics that we covered in the workshop and lot more topics that are not covered in the workshop. After the workshop is over, this eBook will be your friendly companion to guide you through variety of Linux sysadmin topics to make you very proficient
- Course completion certification in both printed and PDF format
This workshop is for newbies who have no experience or limited experience on Linux sysadmin, but like to become proficient in Linux system administration on CentOS platform.
This workshop is for Power Users, Developers, DBAs, Network Administrators, IT Managers, or just someone who spends a significant amount of their time on Linux platform and would like to take advantage of all the Linux sysadmin utilities and perform Linux sysadmin tasks themselves.
The investment you make on this 2 full days of hands-on instructor guided workshop will change the way how you work on Linux systems forever. You’ll not fear performing sysadmin activities ever again.